Thursday, June 01, 2006

Fun With the Girls




Yesterday three of us from the mini-group decided to head out for a wonderful plant nursery in Lee's Summit. Nancy, Tandy, and I all love to dabble in gardening almost as much as quilting. Heartland Nursery is a most amazing place. It is huge and mostly all covered with glass. Varieties can be found there that you don't see any place else. I resisted the urge to purchase due to my current state of looking like a leprosy-colony-refugee!!! Arrgh--the dreaded poison ivy (or whatever it is) has attacked again and I don't want to be in the yard for a few days. However, it just so happens (heh heh) that two wonderful quilt shops were nearby. There my resolve was not so good. First photo is some sale FQs that said to me, "Buy us. We'll make cute fabric books!" Next rather dull photo is of some grays and blacks. My mini-group has been doing a nickel swap since September. Each month we bring 5" squares of ten different fabrics for each member. June's colors will be grays and blacks. My stash just doesn't include much gray. These were included in the shop's $1.50 FQ sale. The next photo is just a yummy yellow I couldn't resist and a piece of sock monkey sock fabric--how clever is that!!! Of course we HAD to have lunch. So much fun and visiting and laughing. I really value those Girls Day Out times.
All of Porter's handmade gifts are DONE DONE so now I get can back to work on my Birds of a Feather BOM. The pieces are fused to the background and today I hope to machine blanket stitch around them. With any luck I'll have pix to post tomorrow.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooh don't be too hard on those greys and blacks - it's only with them as the calming contrast that the brighter colours get to shine - I really like all your choices :o)

Unknown said...

Oooh don't be too hard on those greys and blacks - it's only with them as the calming contrast that the brighter colours get to shine - I really like all your choices :o)

Unknown said...

Oops sorry there - a case of too happy a trigger finger - didn't mean to send it through twice

Quilts And Pieces said...

Porter's gifts are so wonderful! and those grey fabrics are wonderful! What a fun day you all had!

Unknown said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful girls day out...I love Heartland it is one of my favorite nurseries. I can do a lot of damage to my debit card there. Did you visit the Quilters Station while you were in Lee's Summit????I love that shop and since it has expanded I keep spend hours in there..Another great shop is in Indpendence at the Rustic Yearning if you haven't been I highly recommend it.... Love all the fab fabric you purchased... Hugs Tina