Monday, June 05, 2006

Bad News, Good News

What a day in bloggerland, huh? I went into my archives to check something and noticed that several of my old photos had been replaced by the dreaded red X in a square thingy. I thought it was ME, but I checked on Blogger help message board and discovered that lots of people were having photo problems. Then I checked archives of some of my daily reads and saw that there were missing photos there too. I decided not to try to post any photos for a few hours--till the problem is hopefully fixed. Apparently my archives photos are back now but you never know... BAD NEWS: One of my favorite local quilt shops is closing. It was quite a shock and I hope that this is not a trend among quilt shops. I've certainly done my part in financial support LOL. Hopefully this closing is due to reasons other than a sluggish market in the quilt industry. GOOD NEWS: The shop is offering all fabrics at 25% off in their liquidation sale. I am on my way out the door to head there ( Liberty) to look for grays, blacks, and an accent color for Son #1's snail trail quilt and to try to find sashing, border, and backing fabric for the Lee's Surrender quilt. These will be bittersweet purchases if I find what I'm looking for.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It's been a general problem I think today - but things do seem a little better now - wierd things, computers, frighten the life out of me - they only have to go 'BOOOO' and I give up and go into a corner and cry :o)

Fiona said...

You wouldn't believe how long it has taken me to post this comment (and you don't want to know how long it took me to upload my last post)! I hope the technology improves sometime soon - 'cos I want to see how your bullseye's are getting on.

Laura said...

What Liberty quilt store is closing??? I hate to hear this.

I have been having blogger problems also!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Liberty is closing? Is it "the liberty" store? A lot of stores around here have been closing as well. It is sad to see.