Sunday, June 04, 2006

President's Block


Blogger wouldn't let me add this photo on the last post so I am trying again. This block is a President's block--president of the guild, that is! It is tradition in my guild for our June BOM to be made for the president. She tells us what block she would like and what size, and sometimes the color scheme. This year our pres requested that we choose a focus fabric that tells something about our individual personality. I love cats and I love Laurel Burch so that was easy! The block is 8 1/2 " unfinished. I still need to sign it with a Micron pigma pen. Pres is very fond of blue so I hope she likes it. I will be anxious to see how she finishes up the quilt. It will definitely have a scrappy happy look, which she likes. And it should be filled with memories of the many fun and friendly members!

4 comments:

Ann said...

How funny. We went to dh's dad's house in Salem today(just east of Rolla) and MIL was carrying a bag with these same cats in these same colors! It was so pretty! I love the fabric postcards, too. Yea, I'm just now catching up with blogs. Been a busy week for me ;).
Sounds like you had a great time with the girls, too. I'm hoping for a girls day out the first week in July when I'll be off a WHOLE week! Wanna go shopping early in the week, then I can start my special sewing projects since we'll have passed the 3 month stage by then!! WOOHOO! I just wish she'd tell her grandparents so I could mention it on MY blog!

Joyce said...

I love the colors on this block. The finished quilt will be interesting. I hope we will get to see a picture of it.

Judy said...

Yes, take a camera to guild and take a picture of the quilt! With all the indicidual blocks it should be one wild and interesting quilt!

Don't you just love the 19" monitor. I can see so much more now and all the pages are so nice and big!!

Melanie said...

Thanks for the comment-- I'm at work (As usual). Wanting to be at home Watering flowers, quilting, Fiddling around the house, maybe reading a good book, or running my Lab/Mutt. Don't let anyone tell you different.. You had the best job as a teacher. Working on a computer is nothing compared to the 'live interaction' for the human mind be it at age 4 or 44. And the impact that you leave behind is a lot more 'everlasting' in comparison to technology changes that are here today and gone tomorrow. You're my hero....