Thursday, June 22, 2006

A Start and A Finish


It has been a particularly busy week and quilting and blogging kinda went by the wayside! Son #2 was in town for a few days for a sales meeting; and even though I didn't get to see a lot of him, I tried to fatten him up every chance I got. I was also wa-a-y behind in my cleaning (not that that is anything new!!) and spent yesterday mopping, vacuuming, dusting, doing laundry, and rearranging my OLD living room furniture, trying to make it look new! Today my mini-group started on the Friendship Star quilt. However, I did manage to make a new purse this week. Sometimes a girl just HAS to have a new bag. I bought the fabric and pattern several months back and sorta forgot about it till I got the itch to have a new purse. I liked it because it has two outside pockets and six pockets on the inside. Love pockets. Here is a start on the friendship star blocks. The other gals have made several also but I didn't get pictures this morning. We need 25 in all and that part is going fast. The inner border will probably have applique on it so that will slow us down.
Kansas City finally got some very much needed rain today. Lawns were beginning to looked a bit parched despite the sprinklers going everyday. Nothing like a good drink of water from Mother Nature. Tomorrow DH and I will take his 94-year-old mom for her doctor's appointment and that is usually an all day thing. Hopefully there will be some quilting on the horizon for the weekend!

10 comments:

Melanie said...

Beautiful bag - I love big purses... Enjoy your son...Missed you this weekend..Hope your 'Ma-in-law's appt goes well.
Melanie

Darlene said...

Love your new bag. New bags are always so much fun!

Linda C said...

Oh, that blue is very pretty and reminds me of blue sky and blue water. Good start on the friendship stars!

Fiona said...

lovely bag - pretty AND practical with all those pockets!

Unknown said...

yes really nice bag - must get round to starting one - love the blues

Joyce said...

Love the bag. I love pockets too. Helps to keep organized. I hate rummaging around it a bag looking for something.

Judy said...

Like the bag, very nice and all those pockets will come in handy!!

Great friendship stars!

Simonetta said...

Uaauuu!!! What so the beautiful bag ;))))
Very well :)))

Clare said...

Love the bag!

One can never have too many pockets.

Clare

Quilts And Pieces said...

Your star blocks are looking great! Your new purse is wonderful! Don't you just love bags and purses!