Friday, August 11, 2006

Lee's Surrender Revisited


I don't like the way the color translates on this photo but here is a pic of Lee's Surrender. This morning I cut sashing and corner squares and plopped it back up on the design wall to see how it was coming together. The sashing is navy but looks black from this side of the screen! It is a splotchy Kansas Troubles print that I bought a while back at the "going-out-of-business" sale at a LQS. I had a moment of panic as it looked like I might not have quite enough!!! Whew! Just barely. The little corner squares are from my stash---hooray! See, that reorganization is paying off already LOL! I do love being able to look through the fabrics easily. I am finding it much more pleasant to be in the sewing room with the re-doing done! It is still as small as ever, but at least I can navigate around in there!

17 comments:

Melanie said...

Just enough is great...If something happens and there is not enough, maybe you can put in corner blocks to take up space.
Melanie

The Calico Cat said...

YAY - one day soon I hope to be able to say the same thing!

Gail said...

good looking quilt!

Quilts And Pieces said...

I LOVE it Vera! And that is perfect that you had just enough fabric - now you aren't left with just a little with nothing to do with it!

Linda C said...

I doubt that the camera is doing this one justice, Vera. The plaids look like a big muddle when you know there is color there.

Reorganization is well worth it then if you can find things easier and navigate through the room better--good for you!

Carol said...

You just have to love it when you have enough of what you need. It looks great! I'm sure in person it is outstanding!

Anonymous said...

That is a really pretty sampler quilt. Yay for organization!

Juliann in WA said...

thanks for sharing about using your stash and how nice it is to be in a reorganized sewing room - we all need the encouragement to finish our own stash cleaning projects

Bonnie said...

Very nice sampler quilt - and I see you use sticky notes to keep the blocks in order. You are very organized!

Darlene said...

Very pretty quilt. Cameras can be so tricky. I know what you mean about your sewing room - may be small but when it's a bit organized it can be so much fun. Enjoy!

Unknown said...

I think the colors are wonderful on Lee's Surrender, this is going to be an awsome quilt when your finished...
Huggles Tina

Ann said...

Very pretty. I just had a thought. I should make a scrap quilt(or 50) using up all my scraps and call them all "Ann's surrender". I don't see it happening, though! lol Congrats on organizing/cleaning the sewing room too. Wanna drive south and do mine?

Cher said...

you did great! hurray for having just enough fabric to sash it with!

Finn said...

It looks great! I love the navy and red..and so glad you had enough. And what a good recommendation for the clean up and re-organize!! Thanks!!

ForestJane said...

VERY very nice!

From my monitor, the colors look fine. :)

Vicky said...

That's a great quilt! I like it a lot! Good job!

((HUGS))

Shannon said...

Looks great, Vera! Isn't it amazing how a little reorganizing can change your whole perspective? I need to get it done again at my house, too...