Thursday, August 31, 2006

A Few Minutes Here, A Few Minutes There

Found some time to finish up the August strip for the Calendar Quilt. You might remember--it's the online group project where we add a strip a day to represent something about that month. Could be a holiday, a birthday, a trip, the weather, fabrics from projects that month, etc. It will eventually be set in a Chinese Coins setting. First picture is the month of August. Next two photos are April through August and January through March. Last photo is how they are stored--wrapped around a cardboard tube. We're gonna need a bigger tube!!! I also sewed up a little block for the September BOM for my guild. If you bring a block, your name goes into the basket. Winner takes all the blocks (or half if we get a large number). I would really like to win these as I think they would make cute spacer blocks or border blocks on a Christmas or wintry quilt. I'm NOT holding my breath though LOL. Looks like I'll have to load the BOM block separately as Picasa is only letting me blog 4 photos.

 Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jenni said...

I like this idea. Any thoughts on the colour of the sashing?

Laurie Ann said...

How wide are your strips? Or maybe I should say long?

Linda C said...

These are looking so cool, Vera!

Anonymous said...

I really like this idea. Your strips are looking great.

Passionate Quilter said...

Oh yeah--i remember that one! I like what you are doing. I remember reading about it, going to the website (Pat Sloan's, isn't it?) and thinking that is something I should do! Well, that thought lasted long enough for me to leave the computer and go to the sewing room.Got sidetracked and that's all she wrote! And now it's Sept.!! Oh well, there is another year! Glad to see someone remembers to do that.