Monday, August 14, 2006

Fun Postcard Swap



What a day brightener! My postcard arrived from the second round of the swap I am in on an online group. Is this not adorable or what??? The back is just as cute as the front. I decided not to post the back, though, as it shows my address. People say not to allow this kind of personal info on the internet. This weekend I finished sewing the sashing and cornerstones onto Lee's Surrender. I took it to my LQS this morning to try to find a great fabric for the inner border--no luck. I already have a piece I like for the outer border. Will have to make a trek this week to some other shops. I know the perfect fabric is out there just waiting for me!!! Kansas City is experiencing some much needed rain! Hallelujah, a reprieve from watering the lawn! Temperature is down to 73 degrees, too. My kind of August. Thursday is my turn to host the mini-group. The members bring their own lunches and the host provides dessert and beverages. I am trying a new recipe for Chocolate Zucchini cake--fingers crossed. Also found a yummy ice cream--white chocolate raspberry truffle. Hope this will substitute well for frosting. Now onto cleaning.

15 comments:

Melanie said...

Darling card...I've got ideas for several to send to my Mom and Mother-inlaw if I ever get my stash organized. Have fun finding just the right border.
Melanie

quiltpixie said...

its a lovely card. Very summer-like

ForestJane said...

That's adorable!

You could always cut a small rectangular slip of the sticky part of post-it paper out and re-photograph the back of the card, but with the post-it paper stuck on over your addy.

Susan said...

Chocolate zucchini cake! If it turns out well, please post it. I like chocolate and I like zucchini, so maybe I would like them together. The postcard is darling!

Good luck with the border choice.

Darlene said...

Cute card! That border fabric is out there just waiting for you - you just need to keeping hunting. Good luck!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Your post card is adorable! And I love chocolate zucchini cake! I'll be over!

sewprimitive karen said...

Ah! Those teeny summery clothes are so cute!

just jenn said...

Such a cute postcard! :)

Cher said...

yes it is a cute postcard-what fun to receive.

Granny said...

Love your postcard. That's really cute and I can see how it would brighten your day.

Judy L.

Finn said...

It's a darling postcard....and I think you are wise not to post your address...way too much weirdness out there.

The choc. zuchinni cake and white choc. ice cream sound perfect for August to me..*VBS*

Anonymous said...

Great card! If that chocolate zuchini recipe comes out, will you share it?

Pam said...

Your postcard is great! How fun to get those special treats in the mail. I have yet to do a postcard but someday I will do it!

We love choco zucchini cake...yummy

Shelina said...

That is an adorable postcard. I've got to finish my birthday quilt so I can start making somemore postcards. They are just so much fun.

The Calico Cat said...

Sooo how was the cake?

You could put a bit of masking tape over the bits that you want ot keep private and shre the parts that you liked onthe back of the post card... Just an idea.