Friday, August 04, 2006

Hard At It

No quilty photos this morning :( but progress is being made :) My Block 7 of Birds of a Feather is prepped for machine blanketstitched applique and that is first up on the agenda for today. Also the QST pieces are cut for the side piece of the block and ready to be sewn into squares. Then I am going to DIVE feet first into starting the reorganization process of The Fabric. I have armed myself with Patti's wonderful info she just posted in her blog on how she deals with scraps so that they are ready for quilts. I have also printed off Bonnie's great tutorial on Scrap User's System. Progress is already being made---in my head LOL! I think my big hang-up was what to do with those small pieces that would end up buried in a stack of fabric. This info really helps. Also it will give a use for the Sterilite tubs that I will be freeing up. Wish me luck. Oh, and where is that snorkel???

8 comments:

Finn said...

YOU CAN DO THIS!! All you can cut is one fabric at at ime(so to speak) and little by little it gets whittled down!
It's kind of like money in the bank, to pull out a tub of cut strips or squares and just sit down to sew...*VBS* And it will free up space, honest! Just seems to go very slowly...I'm sure Patti will attest to that. But once it's done (like Linda J.) its not hard to keep it that way...*VBS* Hugs, Finn

Linda C said...

Vera, you know we are here to cheer you on. Keep the vision of all the quilts you can make when the components are already to go and you just pull strips, squares, rectangles or HST's.

Go, Vera go--cut, Vera, cut, LOL

Melanie said...

Have fun... I guarantee, when you start working on it it will be like meeting old friends that you had forgotten about....
Melanie

Patti said...

Good for you Vera! You will have a wonderful time getting reacquainted with all the fabrics you've used in the past. The more you sort and cut the more ideas will start flying through your brain. Your fingers will start itching to sew those scrap quilts. You will really love having everything sorted, organized and ready to use. You can do it (to paraphrase Finn).

Laurie Ann said...

Sounds like a blast! I love organizing and playing with my fabric!

Judy said...

It fun to do Vera, I bought two 3 drawer carts and off I went cutting left overs into strips and squares and bricks!! It will make your room more organized and you will end up with such a nice collection to use when the mood hits you!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh I can't wait to see block 7 done!

ForestJane said...

Good luck!

I'll still only cut my scraps when they get pretty small - I'm always afraid I'll cut 2½ strips with a fabric, then 'need' a 3 inch square of just that color for something. :)