Wednesday, May 24, 2006

A Little Progress


A little progress was made in the sewing--er, uh, quilting studio this morning. I picked up and put away--enough that I could at least run the vacuum and have surfaces to work on. And I didn't even need my shovel. I am feeling a strong urge to move things out and relegate them to the basement. Things that only get used occasionally or looked at once in a blue moon. 'Course the bad thing about that is, "Outta sight, outta mind." But then I could free up shelves to put my fabric stash out in the open instead of in boxes. I could actually tell what I have available! I made block number twelve for the lucky auction quilt. I think I'll call this quilt Lee's Surrender. The lady who made the first 11 blocks is named Lee and also my husband, who is the designatee, is a history buff. He especially loves Civil War history so that title should suit him and I do feel a need to pay homage to the lady who started this whole thing.
Next I worked on this little bear quilt. A very dear young couple has a new baby boy named Porter. He arrived about a week and a half early--so this quilt needs to get bumped to the top of the list. I need to go through my stash this afternoon and pull out limes, reds, and blues and see if anything will work for surrounding blocks. His big sister, Amelia, will need something too. Off to the "quilting studio."

7 comments:

Simonetta said...

This little bear quilt is so lovely :)))))I am sure that it will be a beautiful appreciated gift, really!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

It looks great with all 12 blocks done! I just can't believe someone finished block 11 and didn't want to continue, but another part of me understands!

Cute childs quilt too.

Cheers!

Evelyn

Melanie said...

Your block fits well, I had to go back to previous post to tell which was the new addition.. Good Job...
Take Care
Melanie

Quilts And Pieces said...

I love Lee's surrender! But I loved it before you had all the blocks! It just looks great!

And how lucky Porter is going to be! I love that lime green!

ForestJane said...

I like both of these! The borders you added to this above just made the quilt perfect.

Did you decide that the book goes to his older sister?

Judy said...

I still can't believe that someone did 11 blocks and not the last one!! If I really hated it I would at least have turned 9 of them into a square quilt. You name is perfect and hubby will love it. I think it's beautiful!

Lucy said...

OOOhh My!!! what a beautiful sampler. and what a great setting., the colors too, I LOVE it