Thursday, April 27, 2006

Folk Art Fetish

I have loved folk art for as long as I can remember. I like to make it, I like to buy it, I like to decorate my home with it, I like to read about it, and I especially like to make quilts with it!!! Even though I am trying to break out of my box with more traditional and reproduction quilts, art quilts, and even crazy quilts, I am still very drawn to simple, primitive shapes and color schemes. Here are a few from the stack.

The first photo is my version of a Pat Sloan design, "Walk in the Moonlight". The second photo is "Folk Art Frenzy" that was made following a block swap on my online group. I decided to set the exchange blocks in tilted frames that I saw in a Fons and Porter magazine a few years back. The last photo is my Christmas quilt, "Starring Christmas".
The charm of folk art just makes my heart sing!


Tracey said...

I'm right there with ya on the folk art stuff. LOVE IT. You've done some beautiful work!! :o)

Holly said...

I like folk art, too, but I have yet to make a quilt with it. I *really* like your Starring Christmas. Neat!