Thursday, September 22, 2011

Fun With A Vintage Bread Box


I have been shopping for a while for a bread box--the kind that opens easily and doesn't require both hands to do it, the kind that has ventilation holes to prevent condensation build up, the kind that just looks cute and not too industrial. Well, turns out I have had one right here on the premises the whole time! I was in my basement looking for who-knows-what when my eye landed on this thing! I have had it for probably 25 years and used it for decoration at my previous home. Hmmmm....could this be cleaned up and re-purposed as an actual bread box?


Found this spray paint which matches my KitchenAid blender and mixer at Hobby Lobby. No way! So after much scrubbing and sanitizing, I began to prime the box. Drop cloth in place on the patio table, it was spray, spray, spray!








Here it is, almost finished. I'm thinking I'll leave the star off and maybe stencil the word BREAD across the front with white paint. DH says, no, leave it plain. Gonna have to ponder that one for awhile. In the meantime, my bread has a place to live!


















HELP! In my lower righthand sidebar is a list of archived posts. The titles are there but won't show up unless highlighted. I have tried everything I can think of in the Design section of my blog but nothing is working. Anyone have a suggestion? Also Facebook, why did you change things just as I had gotten used to navigating you?????

5 comments:

Melanie said...

I love this!!!! It's cheery and Upbeat. I'm with Hubby-- leave it plain..... All kinds of stuff can be stashed in that baby!

Little Penpen said...

I like it!! I need one, as my bread sits in a big bowl on the countertop. :o) I think it's awesome that you had what you were looking for right in your own house!

Libby said...

Love it! I'm in the leave it plain column . . . . everyone will know what it is. If they don't - no bread for them *S*

Quilts And Pieces said...

How fun is this! I love it!

Teresa said...

Repurposed items are so much fun and interesting - great converation pieces. Nice work on the bread box - I think stenciling Bread on the fron is a great idea.