Saturday, September 17, 2011

Deja Vu (Or Sure Glad Fabric Doesn't Rust)



Okay, so re-entering the blogging world is making me a little antsy. All those projects that are STILL unfinished kinda make me feel bad. I redid my "Projects In Waiting" list on my sidebar so that I could maybe sorta kinda get a manageable number of quilts to maybe sorta kinda think about dragging out and working on. Maybe. Sorta. Kinda. I figured 5 was a nice round number--ha ha--so I ventured into the scary sewing room and pulled out 5 and photographed them (there's the deja vu part). I am trying to remember why they were abandoned in the first place. I think I may have an inkling....

Here are the blocks from Women of Influence, the 2009 Kansas City Star BOM. I liked some of them, the flowery ones, but some of the others seemed so "been there done that" to me. I think I even "gasp" replaced some of the original ones. These blocks just aren't doing it for me. So I'm thinking I may use some of them but make some new ones to replace the ones I don't really like. Hmmmm....


A few years back I was so into quilting. When I wasn't sewing blocks and putting quilts together, I was shopping for fabric or poring through quilt books or attending quilt shows or getting together with quilting buddies to talk about quilts or reading blogs about quilting or watching TV quilt shows. Perhaps I overdosed! But it gave me so much pleasure to be involved in quilting. Then something happened! I just quit--almost cold turkey! Oh, there was the occasional baby quilt to be made or a quilty-type gift item, but the zest just wasn't there anymore. So I am determined to recapture that lust. However, I think the key is going to be, "If I don't love it, why am I doing it?" Maybe some of the projects will have to be donated or rethought.

Here's one I still DO love, the 2009 Bunny Hill BOM, A Tisket A Tasket. I just need to come up with a clever way to set the blocks. I'm thinking maybe a tilted block setting....



I know why this one fell out of favor! These are so NOT my colors! Maybe I'll finish it and set it out on the porch swing for Halloween!!! I do love string quilts--just not this Wacky Web String quilt.

And this little puppy has been to this stage for a long time. It was a BOM for Pat Sloan's internet group back in the day! I do like it and it could probably be finished up in a coupla afternoons. It is called Farmers Market and I do love farmers markets!!!



Another string quilt, Chocolate & Cherries--all ready to be quilted. I had originally planned to do a big-stitch quilting on it. Now I'm a-thinkin'--straight line machine quilting. Get that sucker done done!!!
Well, I wish I could say that these were all the unfinished projects lying around my sewing room. I could say it but then I'd be lying! So many more. But even if I get only one project done, that will be one more finished than I have right this minute.

4 comments:

tami said...

I know what you mean. {{heavy sigh}}

Little Penpen said...

You are a true quilter because you have so many UFO's.... I hope you get your quilting bug to return, because you are soooo good at it! I love all your projects and I think the bunny baskets are my fav's too. Can't wait to see your finishes on these projects!

sewprimitive karen said...

How funny to think of our fabric stashes rusting (noooooooo). I love your Halloween quilt. I might suggest jumping in and doing Barbara Brackman's Civil War blocks even though she's now on #38 of #52. She posts the new one on Satuday mornings at 7am and it is so much fun to get that new little "assignment" that can be completed quickly. People are posting them on the flickr group set up for it.

Anonymous said...

I just did my monthly check on you. I cannot tell you how happy I am to see you posting again! Will be by your way frequently now.
Donna