Sunday, January 21, 2007

I'm Glad I'm Not a Tree




Kansas City was socked again this weekend with six inches of snow. The trees look beautiful but they must be cold!!! I am glad I can be inside and enjoy their beauty in front of a warm fireplace. I have gotten in a bit more sewing. All my Birds of a Feather blocks are back up on the design wall. As soon as I finish embroidering a few more birdy legs, I'll snap a photo. I am so not looking forward to sewing these blocks together as it will involve some dreaded set-in seams. No more "mystery quilts" for me LOL. I like to know what I am getting into! I am also ready to sew the rows of the strippy snowball quilt together. As I was working on joining blocks into rows, it hit me! This quilt is a ringer for Hawaii! The turquoisy teals are reminiscent of the beautiful ocean waters and the black borders look much like the black sand beaches. Even though Hawaii doesn't have "snowballs", I think I will name it something Hawaiian-ish. The son who will receive it absolutely LOVES Hawaii so I think that will work.

9 comments:

Libby said...

I'm glad I'm not a tree, too. But they sure look pretty.

Cher said...

our snow is all melted now-but I agree, the trees looked so gorgeous decorated in snow!

Carol said...

It sure is pretty but oh my goodness it looks mighty cold. Stay warm.

Juliann in WA said...

I think our trees are happy to be snow-free again - and I know what you mean about the mystery blocks - I ended up altering my Jan Patek mystery quilt so I would not have set in seams
good luck
Juliann

Susan said...

I love looking at the pictures, but I'm glad I'm not in it. =)

I'm anxious to see that BOF quilt, as well as the snowballs. Looking forward to it.

Unknown said...

Sounds a good plan on that hawaiian snowball quilt - the weather in the UK turned much colder last night - we often get US weather a week or two behind you guys - could you please keep the snow and ice though - I really don't want that though I'm sure the three youngest in the house would disagree with me :o)

His Office, My Studio said...

The trees look very pretty. We go may an inch of snow yesterday here in Chicagoland. I hope some of your snow makes it here.

Granny said...

I'm also glad I'm not a tree. Isn't the snow beautiful but I'm ready to see the ground . . as muddy and brown as it must be by now.

Judy L.

Patti said...

Vera, can't you use partial seams instead of set-in seams? Partial seems may be a slight nuisance, but oh so much easier than set-in seams.