Thursday, April 05, 2007

April Is the Cruelest Month...

Boy, just when we get used to 80 degrees, sunshine, and sweet breezes--along comes 20 degrees and fierce winds! Kansas City's weather is as fickle as can be. Oh, well, as they say, just wait a few minutes!


I spent two days with no internet access! Talk about withdrawal symptoms. I had to go to my public library to use their internet so I could at least check my email. And, wow, did I miss checking in on my favorite blogs!!! My Roadrunner guy came early this morning and got me back online. Turns out I needed a new modem. Hope that solves the problem permanently! Must have internet, must have internet, must have internet...


Thought I'd answer a few questions from the comments on my last post. Dawn and Judy, those cute little green thingies on the ends of the scissors are actually knitting needle protectors. Clover makes those little ones and I can usually find them at a craft store (JoAnns, Michaels, or Hobby Lobby). Atet asked about the quilting charms. I found those at Hobby Lobby in the beading department. Angie asked about purchasing the little scissors with beaded fobs. They've been turned over to the boutique chairperson for the quilt show. I'm not sure what they will do with the unsold "merchandise" but I'll keep you in mind!


Here's a photo of what I worked on when I couldn't be on the internet yesterday (hmmmm, is there a lesson to be learned here? Nah!) I adore English cottages and Mary Engelbreit cottages and decided one would brighten up my dining room for Spring. So I did some stash-nibbling and came up with this. And, yep, there are some yo-yos for bushes and clouds. Had to justify the purchase of those yo-yo makers LOL! I will try to machine quilt it this afternoon.
Hey, you should really check out Dawn's blog today. She has the most amazing tutorial on freezer-paper-piecing to achieve those incredible pointy points! I have heard about this method before but never fully got it until I read her tutorial--complete with great photos!!!
Okay, KC Quilter, get off the internet and into the sewing room!

8 comments:

Angie said...

Isn't that just the cutest little wallhanging, Vera!! :D I love it! The yo-yo trees/shrubs is an excellent idea! :D

Silverthimble said...

Thanks for explaining what was on the tip of the scissors--great idea! I think it would be a fabulous idea to have your own unique scissor and rotary cutter charms for bee days and for when you attend classes. I will have to look for the things you mentioned. I love your english cottage! Welcome back to the internet. I know what you mean when you say you can't live without the connection! :)

Happy Easter to you and your family!

Libby said...

Darling wall hanging - that yo yo maker is going to come in real handy *s*

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh now I never thought of knitting needle caps for the scissors! Now I have to go looking! Very cool!

ForestJane said...

Just curious, how does computer time work at your library? At 'my' library, we give people a choice of one hour or half hour computers, and boy, do we have some altercations when people have to get off the computer and they're not finished.

Granny said...

I'm with you on the weather. Those couple of weeks that it was near 80, the compressor was out on our a/c. Got it fixed and now we're having flurries again. We'll be begging for flurries in about 3 months, won't we?

sewprimitive karen said...

The cutest little cottage ever!

atet said...

Your cottage is adorable! I love the addition of the yoyo's. Don't you just hate it when your internet connection goes out?