Guild speaker today was a local art quilter/fabric dyer named Sue Miller. Such beautiful handdyed fabrics used in her quilts made me want to get back into that! I learned a few years ago but have not done a lot with it. It is best done on a warm, windless day in the back yard, I found!!! The first photo is a pictorial quilt that Sue had juried into the Houston show a few years back. If you were able to attend, you may remember this one. The second photo (assuming Blogger has loaded them correctly LOL) is another pictorial she did for our local show a few years ago. This one won a first place ribbon for Viewers Choice.
The remaining three were just some random shots I took for fun. I enjoyed seeing how she used her handdyes.
I've been tagged! Crazy 'Bout Quilts asked me to play along .
Here are the rules:1. Link to the person who “tagged” you.2. Post the rules on your blog.3. Write six random things about yourself.4. Tag six people at the end of your post.5. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.6. Let the tagger know your entry is up.
1. I am an addicted crossword puzzle worker. The day can't really get started for me unless I have done (attempted) the two puzzles in the morning paper. And, I have to admit that the Saturday NY Times puzzle often sends me to Google for help!
2. I have another addiction: COFFEE. When we visited my DS and his SO last weekend, I took along a bag of my own coffee--just in case! I just HAVE to have coffee to start my day off right.
3. I love to watch old sitcoms on TV. If I can ever find a rerun of Newhart (the one set in Vermont in the old inn), I am glued to the set. Also love Mary Tyler Moore, Friends and King of Queens. I am always hopeful that some new shows will come along that are as good as these. It is great therapy to laugh.
4. I am a die-hard Democrat (hope I don't lose readers over that!!!) and my younger son sometimes calls me a hippie tree-hugger LOL! I "came of age" so to speak during the 60s and can't forget how hard some causes were won.
5. My pets (currently two cats) are like members of the family to me. They have free run of the house. They have been known to sleep with us at night and are usually on a lap during the day. They're just such fun.
6. Hmmm...what else? Well, DH and I enjoy picnics and frequently pack a lunch and head to a state park about 35 or 40 minutes away. We love to take long walks and there is a great hiking/biking trail there.
Boring stuff, I know! Now about the tagging of six more people....most of the blogs I read have already done this meme so I'll just say, if ya wanna play along, consider yourself tagged!
1 hour ago