Friday, September 14, 2007

A Little Quiltyness










Thursday's guild meeting was amazing. Our speaker was Lora Rocke out of Lincoln, Nebraska. Her work was phenomenal. In addition to her beautiful quilts she does thread painting that is amazing. I hope the photo of the man holding the fish on her business card reflects the beautiful imagery she is able to achieve. The Princess Feather quilt was a crowd-pleaser too. Several guild members commented that she was the best speaker we'd ever had--and we've had some dandies!


Later that afternoon I ventured to a neighboring town to check out a new quilt shop that had just opened. Though the owner didn't have a lot of inventory yet, it sure looks to be promising. I found this adorable Moda cowgirl fabric and the wonderful chocolate fabric. (Click for big.)

I have been called the Queen of Chocolate around these parts--and the title is richly deserved LOL!


Any great ideas what to do with these luscious fabrics? Maybe a tote bag from the cowgirl fabric?

This evening DH and I attended a local outdoor art fair. Perfect weather for it. Lots of jewelry, lots of photography, and lots of painting. I escaped without injury (to my wallet)!

7 comments:

Deb Hardman said...

I saw a cute sweatshirt converted to a jacket with a patchy fabric like the chocolate.

I'd give the cowgirls to my friend Jackie. She's from Texas.

Juliann in WA said...

A little totebag from those fabrics would be really fun. Maybe with some dark, chocolatey brown handles.

Libby said...

How about a pillow case? Then maybe you could dream about chocolate . . . every night *s*

julieQ said...

I love that red and green applique quilt in your post...spectacular!!

When you figure out the pink and brown question, let me know, because I have been collecting these reproductions for a couple years...aging the fabric, you know...!

Shelina said...

Sounds like a lot of fun - seeing beautiful work of a fabric artist, shopping, an art show. Very nice.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Fun, fun fabrics. I'm not even going to try and figure out what you should do with them! Heck I can't even make decisions for myself lately! Isn't it wonderful when you a guild has a great speaker - I come home so hyped up!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I agree with the sentiment "the best things in life are chocolate"! Cute fabrics. I haven't heard of Laura Rocke before but I'll be on the lookout for her work now, WOW!