Sunday, December 10, 2006

Answers



I am kinda bad about remembering to answer questions raised in my Comments section. Sorry 'bout that--I am trying to do better!!! Rabbit Stitchings and Dianne asked about a pattern for the wool tree pincushions. Here is a site which has a tutorial for the trees: http://littlebirds.typepad.com/ I used this pattern but turned it into a pincushion instead of a button tree--cute either way!!! Screen Door wanted to know about the project I was going to use my embroidery machine for. Well, I had intended to machine embroider "Andiamo" on these kitchen towels for some friends who went to Italy with us. Andiamo means "Let's go!" in Italian. Since these couples are snowbirds, I thought they could use the towels in their motor homes. However, my Bernina had other ideas and had to make a trip to the hospital (home now) so I had to do the embroidery by hand. The photos above show these towels. By the way, these little kitchen towels are so handy. You use a quilted potholder and a terry towel (I get mine at Target). Fold both in half and slightly gather the towel to fit the potholder. Stitch. Sew on a button. The potholder's loop acts as the buttonhole. I hang mine on a drawer pull right by the sink. They look cute with or without the embroidery. I still want to try machine embroidering a few though--maybe a snowman for January!

7 comments:

Silverthimble said...

Thanks for sharing the tip on the kitchen towels! Are your potholders round or square?

Joyce said...

Cute kitchen towels. I like the idea that they would probably stay where they belong rather than being used and dropped just anywhere.

Texan said...

I like the potholder towels.... may have to do some of those for gifties NEXT year lol..... and thanks for putting up the location of the how to on the wool trees :)

Tazzie said...

Ohhh Vera, that is a very good idea, I think I will need to save that one in the memory banks for next year, and for thru the year too! ... I'm always amazed by the creative things people come up with!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Anonymous said...

What a cool idea for the kitchen towels!

Libby said...

Your friends will love the towels -- a nice gift and rememberance, too.

Clare said...

Briliant idea - stops them from being dragged all over the floor by cats and children. Will keep a look out for some cheap pot holders. Thanks for sharing.

BTW - take a look at the first quilt when you have a mo.