Good Tuesday morning! It seems that I have been tagged by my friend over at Crazy For Primitive Quilts and Gardens so let the fun begin!!
The rules of the meme are: 1. When tagged, place the name of the person and URL on your blog 2. Post the rules on your blog 3. Write 7 things about yourself 4. Name 7 of your favourite weblogs 5. Send an e-mail letting those bloggers know they have been tagged.
Hmmm....seven things about myself...
1. I am an admitted chocoholic. Give me the cheap stuff--Snickers, Mr. Goodbar-- or the expensive stuff. I have no discerning taste where chocolate is concerned. I've been known to nibble on chocolate morsels right out of the bag before they can make it into cookie dough as well as chocolate frosting right out of the Betty Crocker can! I'll sneak the chocolate bits out of Moose Tracks ice cream--if not caught by DH. Oooh, Hershey's chocolate syrup--hook up the IV. I have been known to send DH out on a chocolate run in the midst of an icy, frigid night or on a hot, hot dog-day summer afternoon. And, like all good addicts, I maintain that I can quit anytime I want! But we all know, that's not gonna happen.
2. I adore cats. I have two at the present, Rocky and Natasha--or rather I should say they have me. After an upcoming trip to Arizona and Mexico, we may be acquiring #3, Boris. Get it? Characters from the old Rocky and Bullwinkle cartoons! Love a good theme. I think we can learn a lot about life and how to live it from cats. Ever see a tense cat???
3. I was known for my penmanship in school. That's right, good ole' handwriting. In seventh grade my class had an entry into the citywide science fair. Since I was a bit, ahem--weak in the science area, I was asked to do the writing for the booklet that accompanied our project. Oh, well, everyone has a niche of some kind, right? I still enjoy doodling and playing around with calligraphy.
4. I love to travel and have been in all 50 states, except for North Dakota, Delaware, Rhode Island, and Connecticut. We're working on those! I have seen all five great lakes, been to Canada three times, to Italy once, and will visit Mexico next month. I really like to see all the historic sights and art and beautiful scenery of places and wish I were rich so I could travel even more!!!
5. I have tried most every craft known to womankind! Starting as a kid with weaving potholders on a little metal loom and embroidering tea towels with the old Aunt Martha and Vogart transfers, I have always found joy in creating something with my own hands. I have dabbled in macrame, crossstitch, rughooking, crochet, knitting, tole painting, soapmaking, candlemaking, bookmaking, punchneedle, latchhooking, jewelrymaking, fabric painting and dying--and, of course, quilting. Quilting of all types grabs my attention! Piecing and applique, crazy quilting, story quilts, rag quilts...you name it, it looks like fun to me!!! Mastery is not a high priority LOL. I just enjoy the process.
6. I am one of three sisters. We had no brothers. Each sister had only boy babies. What's up with that?
7. I have been blogging for about 23 months and STILL don't know how to get a pretty header up top of the blog!!!
Well, that's way more than you wanted to know about KC Quilter. As for naming my seven favorite blogs, well, that would be impossible. If you could see how many quilting blogs I have bookmarked, you'd totally understand. So for that part of the "meme rules" I'll just say to any fellow bloggers reading this (that makes YOU a favorite!) please play along!
A Hot, Dusty Morning
13 hours ago