Saturday, December 24, 2011
Tuesday, December 06, 2011
Christmas Tree Brownies
Here is an easy recipe from Betty Crocker for Christmas Tree Brownies:
1. 1 box brownie mix (with chocolate syrup pouch)
2. Water, vegetable oil and eggs (specified on brownie box)
3. 2 or 3 drops green food color
4. 1 cup vanilla frosting (from 1-lb container)
5. Decorating Decors red and green candy sprinkles or miniature candy-
coated chocolate baking bits
6. Miniature candy canes (2 inch), unwrapped
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line 13x9-inch pan with foil so foil extends about 2
inches over short sides of pan. Grease bottom only of foil with cooking
spray or shortening.
2. Make and bake brownie mix as directed on box for 13x9-inch pan, using
water, oil and eggs. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Remove brownie from
pan by lifting foil; peel foil away. To cut brownie into triangles, cut
lengthwise into 3 rows. Cut each row into 7 triangles. Save
smaller pieces for snacking.
3. Stir food color into frosting. Spoon frosting into small resealable food-
storage plastic bag; partially seal bag. Cut off tiny bottom corner of bag.
Squeeze bag to pipe frosting over brownies. Sprinkle with decors.
4. Break off curved end of candy cane; insert straight piece into bottoms of
triangles to make tree trunks.